Celebrate with Alexandria’s Animals
Thank you for choosing to celebrate your special occasion with Alexandria’s Animals. A celebration at the shelter is a unique party experience that also supports the animals in our community. We’ve found that a party at the AWLA is most enjoyable for children aged 8 and older, who have a greater understanding of animal welfare and the goals of the shelter.
Your celebration package includes:
- Downloadable party invitation (printable on 8.5” x 11” paper)
- Accommodations for up to 20 guests, including guest of honor and family members (seating and tables for all plus one or two 6’ tables for food and activities)
- Community room access for 2 hours, to include setup, celebration and cleanup
- Shelter tour
- “Critter Craft” enrichment activity (may be eligible for school volunteer time)
- Celebration poster signed by staff and guests
- Favor bags for each guest
- Celebration reservations can be made for Fridays, 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm or Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., subject to availability. Please book at least 21 days in advance.There is a $250 fee for use of the facility:
- $50 non-refundable booking fee due at time of booking
- $200 fee due at beginning of party (or any date prior)
- A liability/photo waiver must be completed for each guest prior to the start of the celebration. Host is responsible for all guest supervision; AWLA cannot provide childcare for unsupervised children arriving before or awaiting pickup after the party.
- 30 minutes prior to celebration: Host arrival to set up decorations and food
- 30 minutes for a “Critter Craft” enrichment activity, such as creating canine crinkle bottles or catnip knots, chosen based on supplies available at the shelter; Donated supplies for a specific activity are always welcome
- 30-minute shelter tour (the tour does not involve petting animals at the shelter)
- 30 minutes for food, cake, gifts; Alexandria’s Animals have prepared a $20-and-under wish list (see below) for anyone who prefers to collect gifts for the shelter
- 15 minute post-celebration for guest pickup and room cleanup
Please note that Alexandria’s Animals may find the party excitement overstimulating, so visits from shelter animals, chosen for educational presentation, are at the discretion of the shelter staff. Live animals may not be brought to the party or given as gifts/favors. This includes, but is not limited to dogs, cats, hermit crabs, fish and hamsters.
Alexandria Animals’ Wish List
If you choose to collect gifts for the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria, here’s a list of shelter pet favorite gifts under $20:
- Kong Dog Toy: Medium, Large or Extra Large
- Kong Cat Pursuit
- Kong Jumbler toys for dogs
- Other durable dog toys
- Cat toys (such as feathers, balls, crunchy noise makers, jinglers, rattlers or wand toys
- Martingale collars (any size)
- Mendota Products slip leads
- Dog or cat treats, any kind in unopened packaging
- Dog or cat food (wet or dry), any kind in unopened packaging
- Fleece blankets
- Small-sized animal beds
Celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or other special occasion and prefer to have friends donate to the shelter in lieu of a gift? Visit AlexandriaAnimals.org/birthday to create a personalized web page where friends can gift donations in your honor!
Celebration package, including agreement, party invitation, and waiver form.
For more information or to make a reservation, please email celebrate@AlexandriaAnimals.org or call the front desk at 703-746-4774.