Celebrate with Alexandria’s Animals
Thank you for choosing to celebrate your special occasion with Alexandria’s Animals. A celebration at the shelter is a unique party experience that also supports the animals in our community.
Your celebration package includes:
- Downloadable party invitation (printable on 8.5” x 11” paper)
- Accommodations for up to 25 guests, including guest of honor and family members (seating and tables for all plus one or two 6’ tables)
- Community room access for 2+ hours, to include setup, celebration, and cleanup
- AWLA party volunteer(s)
- Shelter tour and/or meet-and-greet with shelter animals
- “Critter Craft” enrichment activity (may be eligible for school volunteer time)
- Special surprise gift for guest of honor (i.e. birthday child) and celebration poster signed by staff, volunteers and guests
- Favor bags for each guest
- Special video message from Alex Meow, AWLA’s mascot
- Celebration reservations can be made for Fridays, 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm or Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., subject to availability. Please book at least 21 days in advance.
- $50 non-refundable booking fee due at time of booking
- $250 fee due at beginning of party (or any date prior)
- A liability/photo waiver must be completed for each guest prior to the start of the celebration. Host is responsible for all guest supervision; AWLA cannot provide childcare for unsupervised children arriving before or awaiting pickup after the party.
- 30 minutes prior to celebration: Host arrival to set up decorations and food
- 60 minutes with Alexandria’s Animals:
- Volunteer-led shelter enrichment activity: “Critter Craft” enrichment activity (creating canine crinkle bottles or catnip knots, for example) is chosen based on supplies available at the shelter; donated supplies for a specific activity are always welcome.
- Shelter tour
- Animal meet-and-greet (if available)
- 30 minutes for food, cake, gifts: Alexandria’s Animals have prepared a $20-and-under wish list, available upon request, for one who should prefer to collect gifts for the shelter.
- 15 minutes post-celebration for guest pickup and room cleanup
Please note that Alexandria’s Animals may find the party excitement overstimulating, so visits from shelter animals, chosen for educational presentation, are at the discretion of the shelter staff. Live animals may not be brought to the party or given as gifts/favors. This includes, but is not limited to dogs, cats, hermit crabs, fish and hamsters.
Alexandria Animals’ Wish List
Thank you again for choosing the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria for your child’s birthday gift “beneficiary.” Here’s a list of shelter pet favorite gifts under $20:
- Kong Extreme Dog Toy, Large or XX Large
- Kong Cat Pursuit
- Kong Jumbler toys for dogs
- Hamster Balls sizes 5- to 13-inch
- Cat toys (feathers, balls, crunchy noise makers, jinglers, rattlers, the like)
- Omni Kitty Cat Play Tunnel Pet Toy
- Oxbow pet products (tunnels, bungalows, etc., for small pets)
- Martingale collars (any size)
- Mendota Products Slip Leads
- WhelpID collars – Puppy ID bands 12 colors made from Velcro brand fastener
- Dog or cat treats, any kind in unopened packaging
- Dog or cat food, any kind in unopened packaging
Celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or other special occasion and prefer to have friends donate to the shelter in lieu of a gift? Visit AlexandriaAnimals.org/birthday to create a personalized webpage where friends can gift donations in your honor!
Celebration package, including agreement, party invitation, and waiver form.
For more information or to make a reservation, please email celebrate@AlexandriaAnimals.org or call the front desk at 703-746-4774.