Behavior and Training Help
For animal behavior help: 703-746-5654 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As a community resource, the League offers a variety of assistance for all pet owners. Regardless of how your companion animal entered your life (adopted, purchased or wandered…), League staff members are happy to help you understand pet behaviors and resolve potential pet-related challenges.
Pet Behavior Assistance
The League’s trained staff members have a wealth of experience handling just about every pet-related concern. Please call 703-746-5654 or and ask to speak to our Behavior & Training Team or email email@example.com.
League staff members are glad to discuss your concerns and potential ways to work with your pet to resolve them. The League commonly receives inquiries regarding:
- Unwanted cat behaviors: furniture scratching, marking, not using the litterbox and aggression toward other pets and/or people
- Unwanted dog behaviors: excessive barking, separation anxiety, housetraining problems, hyperactivity and aggression toward other pets and/or people.
- Questions regarding other pets: introducing new pets into the home, appropriate care and housing for small animals (such as rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas and others) and providing environmental enrichment for less-common animal companions.
The League has compiled information in response to the more common questions we hear. Please click below for more information on the following:
- Cat Introductions
- Cat Scratching
- Types of Scratching Posts (courtesy of Cornell University)
- Litterbox Information
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Supplies for a New Cat
- Microchip Information